Thomas Cool is an econometrician and teacher in mathematics in Scheveningen, Holland. He uses the name Colignatus in science to distinguish this from his other activities in commerce or politics. See his website.
Given the developments in world democracy and the world economy it seems sensible to somewhat join the blogosphere, though I don’t feel much like a blogger.
The main messages of this weblog are:
- Democracy and economy are improved by upgrading the Trias Politica into a Tessera Politica, with the adoption of a constitutional Economic Supreme Court, for each democratic nation separately. See my book DRGTPE.
- There is a new synthesis of economic theory, with various innovations, see DRGTPE again. This allows the solution of the world economic crisis and the unemployment since the mid 1970s. Clearly economic policy depends upon the theory that economic advisors adopt. If they don’t have the proper theory then their advice might make matters worse.
- The analysis on this synthesis and the Economic Supreme Court has been hit by censorship by the directorate of the Dutch Central Planning Bureau (CPB) since 1989/90. I can make available only part of the analysis now and the full analysis can only be presented when I am restored in office. The CPB plays a key role in the preparation of Dutch economic policy. Apparently Dutch society cannot resolve this censorship of science. Hence the best advice to the world is to start boycotting Holland till that censorship is lifted. See this paper.
- Also my analysis on Kenneth Arrow’s Impossibility Theorem was censored in 1990. See my book VTFD.
- Supplementary is this: Part of the problem appears to lie with the attitude of mathematicians towards issues in reality. Kenneth Arrow was a mathematician who confused voting and deciding. Many economists neglect censorship of science because that doesn’t feature in their mathematical models (see DRGTPE however for a model that does). Financial mathematicians helped create the world crisis. This abstract attitude of mathematicians also creates havoc in education when they meet real life pupils and students. See my books EWS and COTP, and the book ALOE on logic. Mathematicians are advised to read What a mathematician might wish to know about my work.
- There now is the book Common Sense: Boycott Holland (CSBH) (2012), that collects papers written on the current crisis, seen from the angle of DRGTPE.
- The original analysis in 1990 used unemployment as the key case. This I proved empirically with the “Definition & Reality” methodology. Since the crisis in the Eurozone after August 2007 the analysis was extended with a new approach to the theory of the optimal currency area. See notably the paper Money as gold versus money as water April 2013. This however is a theory that needs empirical confirmation. But countries are advised to take an ESC anyway, so the stability of the Eurozone can be simply tested. Eventually, there is scope for world money.
I will write on other stuff as well but the main message is to boycott Holland till the censorship at CPB is lifted and I am a free person and free scientist again. This lack of freedom also shows in that I felt forced to name this blog “boycottholland.wordpress.com” instead of a bit more positive “visitholland.wordpress.com” or something more creative. Anyway, enjoy, and start boycotting !